• The world is becoming smaller with amazing technology and communication platforms. Therefore, the marketplace is a global one. Research from the UN shows that 40% of the world’s population forms part of the global marketplace and they speak a variety of languages. However, 55% of the content available is in English! Therefore, there is a great need for content in people’s own language.
• Research also shows that consumers are more likely to buy from businesses where the content is available in their own language. José Jóvena on Aranchodoc.com shared the following statistics:
o According to Can’t Read, Won’t Buy by Common Sense Advisory, “72% of consumers spend most of their time online (if not all) on websites in their own language. The same percentage also acknowledged being more likely to buy a product if the information is available in their own language.”
User language preferences online by the European Commission states that “90% of Europeans always visit a website in their own language when given a choice. And 42% of them said they never buy products or services if the information is not available in their mother tongue.”
José also mentions a few reasons why you should translate your website or content:
• If your company sells abroad
• If you want to keep growing
• If your competitors (don’t) have a multilingual website
• If you want to strengthen your brand
• If you are an e-commerce shipping worldwide
• If your product or service has crossed boundaries
• If your site’s data suggests translating makes sense
• If you want to improve conversion rates
• If you want to improve user experience and SEO on a global scale
So, if you want to use language to take your business to the next level, contact us today. We will help you make your story shine brightly whether it is in all 11 South African languages or popular international languages.